South East Freeway
The Southeast Freeway Bikeway runs in the general direction of the Southeast Freeway, from the Brisbane River near South Bank to Macgregor, with planned extensions to connect it to the V1 to the Gold Coast.
Most of the path is concrete, of older, piecemeal construction and not very wide. Newer sections, such as near Griffith University are wider and generally higher quality. Although primarily an off-road exclusive bike path, the bikeway also has sections of shared path and on-road Bicycle Awareness Zones on quieter roads. Signage is patchy, so first time riders would be wise to carry a map or allow extra time.
- Lower River Terrace, South Brisbane (next to the Captain Cook Bridge)
- Allen Street (between Vulture Street and Stanley Street), South Brisbane
- Peterson Street, Lockhart Street, Ross Street and Abingdon Street, Woolloongabba
- Park Road — note the NSBT works disrupting this area
- O'Keefe Street
- Fern Street, Myrtle Street, Zillah Street, Victoria Terrace and Arnwood Place, Greenslopes
- Barr Street, Sunshine Avenue, Snowden Street and Esher Street, Tarragindi
- Shepstone Street, Pemberton Street and Arkwright Street, Tarragindi
- Weller Road, Marshall Road and Bapaume Road, Tarragindi
- University Road, Nathan
- Worrell Street, Macgregor
- Kessels Road, Macgregor
- Wadley Street, Macgregor
Links to other routes
The construction of the NSBT has caused a major detour of the bikeway. Over eighteen months the detour will progress through six different stages. Maps of the detours can be found on the CBD BUG website.